The purpose of the role is to scout for impactful fintech's who are unbundling the bank’s business, evaluate the value proposition, identify threat and opportunities to collaborate through strategic engagement models – partner, incubate or equity stake.
- Research, analyze, initiate, prioritize, design and conduct fintech integration opportunities by working with business units
- Conduct Fintech integration starting from scouting to proof of value to implementation
- Design and assess venture investment strategies and ability to contribute to the strategic decision making. Lead the transaction cycle from origination to exit for the engagements that involve the investment track
- Motivate and mentor teams to develop a culture & architecture of innovation within bank to promote desired behavior among people to come up with creative solutions / ideas that creates measurable value and competitive advantage for business function.
- Masters in either Business, Economics, or Finance from a top-tier university
- 8 -10 years of experience in business units (financial domain) driving digital agenda in leading enterprise/venture capital/impactful startup covering
- driving Fintech engagement for accelerators or enterprises driving their innovation agenda
- leading all aspects of investment strategy covering the entire transaction cycle from origination to exit
- Prior experience in investment banking (M&A) or strategy consulting firm is ideal
- Understanding of the latest technology and business trends in the Fintech space, partnership-driven or cross industry ecosystem business models
- Quantitative mindset with a strong understanding of business cases, investment portfolio analysis
- Understanding the trends in the Strong leadership qualities and a people’s person, managing their passion, continuously motivating and empowering them to come forward and develop out of the box thinking
Emirates NBD (DFM: Emirates NBD) is a leading banking group in the MENAT (Middle East, North Africa and Turkey) region with a presence in 13 countries, serving over 14 million customers. As at 30th September 2021, total assets were AED 699 Billion, (equivalent to approx. USD 190 Billion). The Group has operations in the UAE, Egypt, India, Turkey, the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, Singapore, the United Kingdom, Austria, Germany, Russia and Bahrain and representative offices in China and Indonesia with a total of 906 branches and 4,084 ATMs / SDMs.