The role is responsible for executing business strategies, objectives, targets, and plans within the market. The incumbent will oversee the Business Development function for a specific client base in Kuwait, with the aim of achieving business targets across core solutions. value added services, commercial and money movement solutions . This will be accomplished by expanding current business operations and identifying new opportunities. The Business development manager will report to Head of Financial institutions for Kuwait based out of Dubai
- Support the country management in the development of the Kuwait market strategic plan by integrating and setting priorities based on information about the market, clients’ business plans, Visa priorities and competitor activities
- Develop and execute customized account strategy, objectives and plans to increase revenue and market share
- Lead the account and relationship management and sales plan for assigned accounts, ensuring that the client’s business objectives are met
- Working with the cross functional team: recommend, develop, and implement new and creative approaches to grow client’s business
- Continuously review market landscape, identifying partnership opportunities and solution offerings that will position Visa as the market leader
- Align and collaborate with cross-functional teams across the organization such as Product Marketing, Merchant sales & acquiring , Client services , innovation ,legal , risk and support teams.
- Support the development, negotiation and signing of proposals by working with various internal stakeholders and relationships with strategic partner executives
- Superior negotiation skills leading to timely and acceptable resolutions
- Client relationship and management skills
- Solid interpersonal skills and working with cross functional teams
- Exceptional communication skills
- Development and preparation of executive level briefs
- Self-directed and motivated
- Able to work with little management oversight
- Strategic management and creative thinking
This is a hybrid position. Hybrid employees can alternate time between both remote and office. Employees in hybrid roles are expected to work from the office 2-3 set days a week (determined by leadership/site), with a general guidepost of being in the office 50% or more of the time based on business needs.
- Bachelor’s degree in business or equivalent
- 5 years or more of sales, retail banking and cards experience and expertise
- Experience including banking/financial services sector or sales/portfolio development and relationship management
- Project management, strategic planning, analytical and budgeting skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Extensive knowledge of Visa, other payment systems and card products.
- Proven experience at liaising, presenting to, influencing and negotiating with senior level international and central bankers, regulators, merchants, media, domestic switches, third party vendors and other key external stakeholders
- Ability to negotiate business agreements
- Fluency in English.
- Effective presentation skills
- Superior analytical skills
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.
Visa is a world leader in digital payments, facilitating more than 215 billion payments transactions between consumers, merchants, financial institutions and government entities across more than 200 countries and territories each year. Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, convenient, reliable and secure payments network, enabling individuals, businesses and economies to thrive.
When you join Visa, you join a culture of purpose and belonging – where your growth is priority, your identity is embraced, and the work you do matters. We believe that economies that include everyone everywhere, uplift everyone everywhere. Your work will have a direct impact on billions of people around the world – helping unlock financial access to enable the future of money movement.
Join Visa: A Network Working for Everyone.