Thunes is a global, fast-growing, and innovative Fintech scale-up that uses technology to disrupt and transform the existing financial system.
We have a strong Mission: to create a better global payments network, and a great Purpose: to connect the world to economic opportunities and address systemic inequality when it comes to financial services.
We are proud to power payments for the world’s fastest-growing businesses and work with some of the amazing global brands - from Gig Economy giants such as Uber and Deliveroo and Southeast Asia's super-app Grab, to global Fintech leaders such as PayPal and Remitly.
Our Products help to drastically simplify the Payment integration experience for our customers: with a single, simple connection, businesses and consumers can send payments to – and get paid in – every corner of the world. Instantly.
Thunes is headquartered in Singapore with regional offices in London, Paris, Shanghai, New York, Dubai, and Nairobi.
Thunes is looking for a creative and strategic Director of Brand & Communications to lead our global PR, content, and social media efforts.
This is a unique opportunity for a strategic marketer to help build Thunes narrative and reputation globally, help the company crystallize and evolve its positioning and messaging, and tell its many stories in a relatable and compelling way. The candidate will be a key member of the Marketing organization and will work closely with our senior leaders and global stakeholders, with the opportunity to add value from day one.
The ideal candidate has direct and hands-on experience across key components of Public and Media Relations and Content management. The candidate will have the ability to customize the narrative to match the diverse audience profiles, including investors, technology and business leaders, policymakers and government officials, and the public.
This is a full-time global role, based in Dubai and reporting directly to Chief Marketing Officer, with the potential to grow your own team and manage teams.
- Lead Thunes media / external communications strategy and narrative
- Manage and proactively plan business announcements and press opportunities
- Develop and drive results-oriented communications strategies and impactful PR programs
- Builds strong internal relationships, structures, and reporting methods to support progress tracking and identification of bottlenecks and barriers to success
- Audit, structure and enhance corporate media kits and leadership profiles
- Proactively identify, produce, and oversee and speaking engagements
- Develop and successfully manage relationships with key media and technology and industry influencers
- Oversee social media engagement and align social media activities with PR, events, and campaigns
- Run media training sessions and coach executives on media engagements and PR opportunities
- Effectively develop and cultivate powerful customer success stories
- Plan and execute Content Strategy, create powerful presentations and slides
- Ability to multi-task and juggle multiple assignments at the same time
- ~7-10+ years of leadership experience across media, communications & content in a B2B environment
- Proven track record of building, leading & developing campaigns across a multi-geographical remit
- Experience in maintaining and developing strong international industry relationships with Tier 1 Media Outlets
- High commercial focus with a laser focus on metrics, ROI and builds campaigns that positively impact not only the profile but ultimately the profitability of the business
- Strategic, business, and creative thinker, with hands-on experience gained within Tech / SAAS / Fintech
- Impeccable copywriting and copy-editing abilities
- Ambidextrous: able to combine visual and design elements with written content to form an irresistible story
- Experience in Content management and execution: copywriting, graphic design, animation
- Solid understanding of social media marketing for B2B/ B2B2C businesses
- Working knowledge of content management systems and digital graphics production
- A passion to grow, solve, iterate, and desire to get stuff done
- A hands-on problem solver, that will take an idea and make it happen
Thunes is a B2B company that powers payments for the world’s fastest-growing businesses - from Gig Economy giants such as Uber and Deliveroo and Southeast Asia's superapp Grab, to global Fintech leaders such as PayPal and Remitly.