As an early-stage start-up within Careem, we are looking to build a team of energised, start-up-minded and ambitious colleagues who are super excited about the massive fintech opportunity in the region.
As Such, The Strategic Partnerships Team Is One Of The Most Important Teams For Careem Pay’s Success As a Key Member Of Team, You Will Work Cross-functionally To Create Growth For The Business By
For fintech companies, partnerships are not just business development -- they are a critical enabler.
- Defining our partnerships strategy and goals: Who we want to partner with across the MENAP region, why, when and how
- Building relationships with key strategic partners
- Owning implementation of partnerships end-to-end, including by
- Engaging POCs across commercial, product, engineering, marketing, legal, compliance, and other functional areas towards a common goal
- Managing internal and partner stakeholders
- Ensuring project management and delivery against milestones
In return, you’ll gain the chance to jump on and shape a regional rocketship from an early stage.
- Top-tier educational background
- 7-15 years of professional experience, including in a partnerships role in the fintech, payments or banking sectors
- Knowledge of payments value chain, business models, players and industry trends
- Ability to independently engage with senior-level executives within and outside Careem
- Detail-oriented and organized with a strong talent for project management
- Willingness and ability to work cross-functionally and organise and influence stakeholders within Careem Pay, Careem, and at partners
- Preference for existing relationships in the MENAP banking, payments or fintech ecosystems
- Start-up mindset:
- Laser focused on growth, speed and results on a daily basis
- Willing to get hands dirty -- this role involved both strategy and implementation
- Willing to take risks and make quick, informed decisions
- Self-starter with high level of ownership and limited need for oversight and support
Careem Pay’s purpose is to empower people to lead better lives by simplifying their payment experiences and access to financial services. Its vision is to become the leading digital financial services platform of the region serving consumers, partners and merchants.