As a Lead Product Manager in Careem’s Super App Platform team, you will be leading and owning the Product vision and Strategy for Careem’s Customer loyalty products, bringing together Careem’s Super App value proposition for its customers. This role is a crucial Product Leadership role and requires experience in building 0 to 1 customer-facing products and scaling these to enable hockey stick growth. The key purpose of the Lead Product Manager is to drive the vision, strategy, and roadmap as well as build and mentor a strong Product team.
This role requires a unique blend of product excellence, customer obsession, strategic / commercial thinking, technical acumen, distinctive communication and collaboration; including the ability to zoom out and see the big picture, but also the willingness and intellectual prowess to zoom in to the finer details that need to be addressed when scaling features to a user base of 48M+. You will work closely with important stakeholders in the company to understand the market and the issues they face and to identify and implement innovative solutions for the broader market. Working across all areas of the company, you will serve as an internal/external liaison between leadership, function heads, engineering, design, operations, commercial, marketing and executive management. You will have tremendous ownership, and it is an invitation to do the most meaningful work of your career.
- Product Areas: Leading product teams in the Customer Loyalty / subscriptions space with end to end ownership of the customer experience to drive growth while enabling success of the business model
- Strategy & Vision: Developing the strategy and vision for the Loyalty products (Rewards and Subscription), working closely with the markets, product, data science, analytics, and engineers.
- Roadmap: Building and driving the roadmap and being accountable for the impact and outcome.
- Execution: Executing and delivering on measurable results in a high throughput and a high performing environment
- Collaboration with vertical teams to enable cross cutting experiences
- Voice of Data: Constantly surfacing and examining the opportunities from mining the wealth of data and prioritizing based on strategic ROI and impact.
- Ownership: Becoming the single point of contact of all Loyalty problem spaces, product development, and managing competing priorities with tight constraints.
- Stakeholder Management: Shielding the team and managing stakeholders, bringing stability and principled framework for decision making and prioritization.
- Team Development: Managing, growing, and mentoring the Loyalty product team members.
- Culture of Impact and Shooting for the Moon: Responsible for growing a best in class Loyalty team, guided by first principles from science and economics, grounded by data, iterating fast with experimentation and compounding improvements, and constantly pushing the envelope through 10x ideas and pilots.
- 7+ years of Product management experience in customer-facing products across a mix of 0 to 1 products and scaling growth
- Clear evidence of unlocking crazy, product-led growth in the B2C space e.g. Super apps, e-commerce, quick commerce (food, grocery delivery), urban mobility or similar
- Prior experience in the loyalty / subscriptions space and building habit forming products would be preferred
- Champion in product management best practices and working in empowered product teams that deliver great outcomes for customers
- Experience in building products for global markets , specifically having set strategy and roadmaps to make products work for customers in countries around the world.
- Experience in building an understanding of and empathy for customers whose daily life, circumstances and needs might be very different than your own.
- You facilitate thoughtful and constructive conversations between members of your team, as well as with other members of leadership and senior executives
- Excellent collaboration and influencing skills
- Impact driven with experimentation and simulation mindset , with experience in common pitfalls and avoiding being fooled by randomness.
- Proactiveness and Clarity: Proactively unblocking and managing cross-vertical and cross-functional dependencies and communication.
- Strong leadership and communication skills, critical thinking , and s ound judgement
- Drive and Motivation: You are motivated to make an impact, deliver results quickly, and raise the bar in the region’s ecosystem
- Educated to BS/MS level (or equivalent) within a subject relevant to the position such as Computer Science, Engineering or Economics
Careem is the leading technology platform for the greater Middle East region. A pioneer of the region’s ride-hailing economy (mobility of people), Careem is expanding services across its platform to include multi-modal transportation, deliveries (food, groceries, order anything, B2B), home services and fintech. Careem’s mission is to simplify and improve the lives of people and build an awesome organization that inspires. Established in July 2012, the company operates in more than 100 cities across 14 countries and has created more than two million job opportunities in the region with tech offices based in Dubai, Berlin, Lahore and Karachi, and business offices around MENA. Careem was recently acquired by Uber at a valuation of +3.1B$ but continues to operate independently.