We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Scope Of The Job
We are looking for BNPL Acceptance Lead for EEMEA within the broader product organization based in Turkey Istanbul at a Manager level.
The vision BNPL Acceptance Lead should be to Make Mastercard the partner of choice in the emerging Buy Now Pay Later space in EEMEA spanning across partnerships with Buy Now Pay Later fintech, creating Instalment solutions.
- Build the acceptance strategy of EEMEA to empower Mastercard to be the partner of choice in the BNPL and transactional lending space in MEA spanning across BNPL Fintechs, Instalment solutions.
- Analyse different markets, segments, and players to understand the gaps in our product set and develop products and solutions to reach 1) relevance, 2) scalability and 3) competitive advantage
- Responsible in reviewing product capability and market feasibility. Develop implementation roadmap based on the identified BNPL solution for the acquirers in the region. Review the existing and available products and solutions and create a bundled solution to deliver both short term requirements but also own long term roadmap.
- Assess BNPL players and fintechs in the respective markets to identify partnership opportunities in the acceptance space to drive BNPL. Negotiate commercials and contractual commitments.
- Work together with the global team to develop and adapt products for the EEMEA region. Localization of program & product materials for the acquirers in the region. Work together with the Market Development teams and country teams to create a robust Go-to-Market strategy, manage governance on the pipeline and ensure successful implementation.
- Review, challenge and consolidate the market and segment needs to feed product development with the most impactful and scalable product concepts and constructs
- Understand market regulations and implications on BNPL & acceptance and identify threats and opportunities in the light of changing regulations.
- Analyse best practices to support the markets with techniques and proven methods to scale the products faster
We are looking for people who are passionate about the above stated vision and mission and have strong proven experience in
- Has experience in EEMEA markets and in developing new and innovative solutions
- Have experience in lending solutions & acceptance– a direct BNPL product solutioning experience will be a huge plus
- Understands the industry standards and has knowledge of existing core & digital mastercard products on a high level with experience in implementing, launching or scaling them
- Has a strong strategic thinking with strong execution track record
- Track record of influencing executive management and driving strategic alignment with stakeholders
- Translating insights into actionable strategies and plans oriented around driving business growth, positive customer experience, and brand perception
- Understands the EEMEA retail, acceptance, credit and regulatory landscape
All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and, therefore, it is expected that every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security and must:
- Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
- Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
- Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
- Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.
Mastercard is a global technology company in the payments industry. Our mission is to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. With connections across more than 210 countries and territories, we are building a sustainable world that unlocks priceless possibilities for all.