Africa is on the cusp of an economic revolution. While Internet- and banking-penetration have come late to Africa, a youth-driven tidal wave of change is sweeping across the continent. As a result, both global businesses and local champions are in a race to unlock its potential.
In partnership with Rapyd, the fastest growing Fintech-as-a-Service platform and Multichoice, the largest entertainment platform on the African continent, we are building the payments platform that is capable of meeting the ambitions of the next generation.
This is truly the Moment for Africa. 25 out of 54 African countries will have Real-Time Payments by 2024. Real-Time Payments is driving massive adoption of digital payments in non-African markets (India, Brazil etc) and we expect the same to happen across the African continent
We are looking for a dynamic, high impact product manager with knowledge of Real-Time Payments (RTP) to lead the integration of African RTP partners across the continent into our platform:
- Helping identify and prioritize partners,
- Doing technical assessment prior to contracting,
- Creating the payment integration roadmap and grooming the backlog,
- Designing the integration solution to maximize the value from each integration,
- Leading the integration development from the product side,
- Delivering a successful integration to the market, and
- Ensuring that it meets our user experience and performance needs over time.
This product manager will be responsible for understanding where the payments industry is going both globally and how those trends apply locally in the African context, as well as what is unique in Africa that may evolve differently than it has in other regions of the world.
- End to end product management of our payment network integrations: definition, planning, specification, product development, go-live, and rollout
- Product ownership of our network partnerships, including banks, real time payment platforms, switches, mobile money platforms, eWallets, payment aggregators and gateways, issuing platforms, point-of-sale platforms, and other network partners
- Providing day-to-day product delivery and quality management
- Ensure awareness of product status and roadmap risks across the group
- Driving post-launch look-backs and internal process improvements
- Commiting to continuous improvement through metrics and user-driven insights
- 5+ years of product management experience in a payments, gig economy, or super-app company
- At least 3 years in payment integration, with a focus on alternative payment methods. Particularly Real-Time Payments.
- Clear knowledge of the online payments lifecycle and a well-honed “Spidey sense” for what drives conversion and payment success, and the negative exceptions that can prevent successful transactions
- Must be able to talk knowledgeably with eCommerce players, banks, lenders, FinTech’s, and clients who live and breathe payments every day
- Ability to communicate visually through wireframes and a portfolio of previous work, and quantitatively through a deep understanding of relevant customer metrics
- Experienced as a product owner
- Well developed product management skills
- Experience integrating third-party providers and clients
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science desirable, or an equivalent degree and relevant professional experience
- Lived, worked or studied in - or simply have a passion for - Africa
Around the world, customers want to pay in a thousand different ways. Businesses and consumers want to get paid faster. And developers want to build new products and possibilities. Rapyd makes it happen, giving you more ways than anyone to make fintech work for your business. With Rapyd, your business can accept and send payments to just about anyone—faster, cheaper and easier. And Rapyd clients see an average of 196% return on investment and spend 70% less time managing payments.