As a member of Amazon Fintech Lab team, the Program Associate will support in building the digital presence (internally and externally) and event activation of the lab, develop the process and documentation for the lab usage and activation.
The ideal person will be organized, work effectively with internal and external stakeholders, have the ability to challenge their selves and take over complex programs to drive process improvements, , understand complex policies and apply them to the lab. The successful candidate will have exceptional communication and organizational skills, superior attention to detail and the ability to prioritize in a fast-paced environment. In addition, they will be committed to achieving excellence in the End Customer and Extended Amazon teams experience at the lab, and therefore a strong record of customer focus, a passion for employee development and a keen interest in process improvement are key requirements for this role.
This job is not remote. In-person presence at the Amazon Fintech Lab in DIFC is mandatory, through the working week. The candidate will be representing Amazon Payment Services, and attend to potential customers, walk-in, partners, and Amazonians
- Manage all event set-up, tear down, follow-up processes, and internal / external coordination.
- Prepare annual event calendar and activation plans to take place at the lab
- Build Amazon Fintech Lab program content for digital presence on Amazon internal and external platforms.
- Manage the lab maintenance, with support from Amazon GREF team
- Support walk-ins with queries in relation to Amazon, and be able to represent Amazon Payment Service products
- Keep track of walk-ins and present them to associated teams within Amazon
- Build process and framework documentation for: Lab activation and events process, physical maintenance of the lab, maintenance of lab external presence (updating content, and keeping the lab relevant), and lab usage instructions for internal teams.
- Fluency in speaking, writing, reading English and Arabic (Preferably)
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent on the job work experience
- 1 to 3 years’ experience in a program, planning, or communications field
Experiences in using the Microsoft Office suite of packages, including Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Able to track high volume activity with exceptional follow through and attention to detail
- Is willing to grow the role and is not afraid to tackle new/different tasks
- Ability to work in international teams where team members are in different locations and manage a matrix organization
- Ability to work in changing environment
- Build relationships with key stakeholders
- Self-driven and can work independently
- 3+ years experience in a program, planning, communications field
- Problem solver, able to troubleshoot issues independently or escalate when necessary - sense of accountability and sound personal judgment
- Has Fintech Industry experience
Amazon is guided by four principles: customer obsession rather than competitor focus, passion for invention, commitment to operational excellence, and long-term thinking. We are driven by the excitement of building technologies, inventing products, and providing services that change lives. We embrace new ways of doing things, make decisions quickly, and are not afraid to fail. We have the scope and capabilities of a large company, and the spirit and heart of a small one.
Together, Amazonians research and develop new technologies from Amazon Web Services to Alexa on behalf of our customers: shoppers, sellers, content creators, and developers around the world.