Plug and Play is a diverse team with backgrounds in technology and entrepreneurship and we are growing rapidly to deliver on our mission.
Plug and Play is actively seeking an Fintech Program Manager to operate and growth our Plug and Play Abu Dhabi Fintech vertical, and help deliver value to our corporate and government partners, as well as the Fintech startups that we accelerate.
An ideal candidate is highly strategic, ambitious, detail oriented, and able to effectively influence both within the organization and with our external partners.
The Program Manager's main scope of work will include:
- Fintech Partner Success: You will lead the servicing of our local fintech partners to support their digital innovation objectives. Typical services include defining the tech challenges of our partners, and/or sourcing startups that may best address them; running adhoc workshops, seminars or coaching sessions for a range of their staff to support their internal innovation capabilities at an HR, strategic and/or operational level e.g. hackathons, design sprints, tech trends webinars etc.
- Fintech Partner Growth: You will be empowered to find and acquire new fintech partners. These are typically financial institutions and regulators from the UAE and the MENA region.
- Product Development: As the lead of our most mature vertical in Abu Dhabi, it is important that we are continuously exploring new products/services that we can offer to our partners and leads to maintain our Fintech vertical in Abu Dhabi e.g. new workshops, advisory services, short programs etc.
- Program Design, Delivery and Brand Development: While the majority of our Abu Dhabi Fintech Vertical is delivered on a 1-on-1 basis for our Fintech Partners, there will be a range of events that you may design and deliver that may be open to all Fintech Partners and/or all Fintech Startups currently being accelerated e.g. our year-end Demo Day, partners’ roundtable. You may also work closely with our marketing team to develop valuable campaigns and thought-leadership activities to develop the brand of the Program.
- Support Cohort and Alumni Startups: As the office grows, it is important that we track the progress and needs of our active and past cohorts of startups to attain success KPIs for our government sponsors. You would work closely with the team to ensure we are capturing the data we need, and providing the periodic touchpoints required to support our startups in their growth.
- Plug and Play Accelerator Team Lead: You will be working closely with 4-5 people overtime to support in all aspects of delivery of the program. You will be key to ensuring their quality and timely delivery and team work in areas such as brand development; marketing support; startup application gathering, screening and selection; key event promotions & logistics; mentorship match-making; business and investment dealflows for the startups; budget management; startup and program success/performance tracking; staff recruitment and onboarding etc.
- Strong client servicing background within digital transformation and startup engagement – preferably with the Fintech space and in the MENA region
- Good business development skill and flair to source and sign corporate or government partnerships
- 3-5 years past experience in the MENA region, ideally in the UAE
- Past experience in a tech startups or coaching startups in many areas of their development
- Strong problem-solving skills and resilience to pivot solutions/products for clients
- Past experience in client management
- Past experience in team management
- Strong leadership and project management capabilities
- Passion for tech startups, entrepreneurship and helping to drive digital transformation within the Financial Services Sector
- Professional written and verbal communication skills - English (necessary) and Arabic (highly desired)
- Positive mindset and work ethic. A strong team player willing to get hands on.
Plug and Play Tech Center is the largest global technology startup accelerator, one of the most active and successful venture capitalist in the world. With different industry-specific accelerator programs ran annually, we matchmake and enable meaningful collaborations between some of the best startups and over 500+ of the largest and most forward-thinking innovative corporations and government entities in the world.