As Account Manager you will have the exciting opportunity to help drive the growth and shape the future of an emerging technology, increase adoption and market segment presence of AWS in strategic startup accounts.
You will be at the heart of latest trends like Artificial Intelligence, Fintech, IoT, Gaming or eCommerce and work with accounts that leverage state-of-the-art technologies on AWS to innovate and disrupt their industries.
The ideal candidate will possess both an account management and technology background that enables them to drive an engagement at the executive level as well as with software engineers and IT architects. He/she should also be a self-starter with an entrepreneurial spirit who is prepared to work in a fast-paced environment, develop and execute against a territory coverage plan and consistently deliver results.
- Help to drive business growth and expansion in a defined territory
- Develop and execute against a territory plan, meet or exceed your quarterly targets
- Manage numerous accounts concurrently & strategically
- Articulate compelling value propositions around AWS services and Amazon
- Accelerate customer adoption
- Work with partners to extend reach & drive adoption
- Ensure customer satisfaction
- Passion for helping startups grow
Entrepreneurial “builder” mentality
- 10-15 years of technology related sales or business development experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- BA/BS degree required
- Comfortable delivering results amid ambiguity and change
- MBA/MA/MS degree
- Previous cloud expertise at a technology company
- A technical background in engineering or computer science
- History of working for, or selling to tech startups
Launched in 2006, Amazon Web Services (AWS) began exposing key infrastructure services to businesses in the form of web services -- now widely known as cloud computing. The ultimate benefit of cloud computing, and AWS, is the ability to leverage a new business model and turn capital infrastructure expenses into variable costs. Businesses no longer need to plan and procure servers and other IT resources weeks or months in advance. Using AWS, businesses can take advantage of Amazon's expertise and economies of scale to access resources when their business needs them, delivering results faster and at a lower cost.
Today, Amazon Web Services provides a highly reliable, scalable, low-cost infrastructure platform in the cloud that powers hundreds of thousands of businesses in 190 countries around the world. With data center locations in the U.S., Europe, Singapore, and Japan, customers across all industries are taking advantage of our low cost, elastic, open and flexible, secure platform.