At Careem we are led by a powerful purpose to simplify and improve lives in the Middle East, North Africa and Pakistan. We're pioneering the development of innovative services to aid the mobility of people, the mobility of things and the mobility of money.
We're in the driving seat as we help to define how technology will shape progress in some of the fastest-growing countries in the world. Our teams are building tech to meet the needs of the future in areas including data and AI, e-commerce, technology-enabled logistics, maps, identity, and fintech.
We’re well placed to solve complex and meaningful challenges at scale, with deep tech expertise, strong regulatory relationships, a local presence, and increasingly specialised global teams which are structured to operate as autonomous start-ups. Our team of over 400 engineers and developers are empowered to develop cutting-edge technology every day.
Careem was established in July 2012, became a wholly-owned subsidiary of Uber Technologies, Inc. in January 2020, and today operates in over 100 cities across 12 countries.
Careem is the leading technology platform for the greater Middle East. A pioneer of the region’s ride-hailing economy, Careem, which was recently acquired by Uber, is expanding services across its platform to include payments, delivery, and mass transportation. Careem’s mission is to simplify and improve the lives of people and build a lasting institution that inspires. Established in July 2012, Careem operates in more than 100 + cities across 14 countries and has created more than one million job opportunities in the region with headquarters based in Dubai and Berlin.
As a Product Manager in the Careem Pay team, you will be leading and owning products and services that enable paying experience for customers in a delightful and compliant fashion across the Middle East and North Africa. The role is based in our Dubai office.
About the role:
- Drive the strategy, tactics, and delivery timelines for payment processing initiatives
- Ensure the reliability and the authorization rate across all markets
- Develop innovative industry-leading features that uniquely serve Careem
- You will have complete responsibility for payment gateway integrations, tokenization, and adhering to scheme regulations when it comes to payments.
- Collaborate with other parts of the business (MoP, MoT, Pay use cases ) to create outsized value: the whole is greater than the sum of the parts
- 5+ years of product management or equivalent experience with a track record of delivering world-class-UX products to end-users
- Strong domain experience in card payments, 3DS1, 3DS2,
- A humble and scrappy get-it-done mindset; you’re resourceful and in your element going from 0 to 1
- Strong customer empathy and experience shaping product direction and execution based on customer needs
- Ability to thread the needle between product goals, user understanding, risk, legal, privacy, and regulatory constraints
- Strong strategic thinking, problem-solving, and logical structuring abilities
In addition to a competitive long-term total compensation with salary and equity, we have a reward philosophy that expands beyond this.
- Be part of a Remote-First organisation
- Work from any country in the world for 60 days a year
- Use Unlimited Vacation days throughout the year
- Access fitness reimbursements for health activities including: gym, health club and training classes.
- Work and learn from great minds
- Create impact in a region with untapped potential
- Explore new opportunities to learn and grow every day
Careem is powered by awesome people. Our people are purpose-aligned and values-oriented. They are excited by the purpose of simplifying lives and building a lasting institution in the region, and live by our core values of shooting for the moon, being of service, and acting like owners. We thrive on diversity, and welcome people of all backgrounds who can subscribe to our purpose can live by our values, and have what it takes to build an institution that will inspire and last for decades and centuries to come.