Amazon is looking for a customer obsessed, data driven /detail oriented Sr. Program Manager for its growing Amazon Logistics and Payments team. The role is a part of the Last Mile Delivery operations under the Payments & Electrocnification program.
Brief Description About The Program
A large section of online customers in MENA prefer to pay by cash for their deliveries for multiple reasons - Lack of Trust, Convenience; Lack of Access / awareness about other options of payment, and habit. While the option to pay at the time of delivery of the product is important for customer convenience, this has multiple down sides and risks including higher rejects from customers, safety risk to delivery agents and the network while handling large amount of cash, fraud through counterfeit currency, lack of proper change leading to friction between agent and customers etc.
The Electronification program works on various modes to reduce cash usage and move to more digital modes of payment – this would start with the customer and extend to working with the Last Mile Delivery operations teams and delivery partners to align to and move to digitization.
Over and above this, given the large rapidly expanding geographical reach of the Amazon Last Mile network, we further plan to leverage it to extend the relationship with customers, sellers and merchants – to provide other Amazon products and services at doorstep and near their homes/ workplaces, Amazon Pay related services being the primary amongst them. These services will include but not be limited to customer KYC, loading money into the Amazon Pay Wallet, gift cards and frequent services like bill pay, recharge etc.
What This Role Is About
The Sr. Program Manager – Payments will serve as a conduit between the country operations team, product team and other business teams working to drive the program agenda.
The Senior Payments Program Manager is responsible for driving operational excellence & scaling electronic payment-on-delivery initiatives. This role, based in Dubai, UAE, and will partner with internal stakeholders - Operations team, central program teams, payments business teams - to identify points of friction, build a business case, set requirements and advocate for customer experience improvement projects. There will be external payment partner management to drive excellence and a world class customer experience for our mutual customers.
- Own the MENA level business goals for all Payments digitization and new services programs – while working with the central program team and country operations and training teams to plan the pilot, program roll-out, training, launch for all last mile agents, channels and vendors.
- Plan and execute new processes, programs, to improve the adoption of Amazon Pay as an instrument used by customers and offered by the delivery agents at the time of order delivery.
- Model and plan the right incentive and engagement structures customized by various channels to encourage and drive behavior. Monitor adoption, fraud and put in place long term mechanisms to ensure growth as per compliance and norms.
- Monitor key metrics on programs and work with Payments business and respective program teams to drive necessary action with field teams, business and leadership teams, to achieve goals.
- Identify, develop, manage, and execute analyses to uncover areas of opportunity and present written business recommendations that will help shape the direction of the business.
- Represent on weekly / monthly business reviews with both operations teams and business leadership.
- This role will require travel in the MENA region once Covid rules permit.
The ideal candidate is a motivated self-starter that can work independently in a fast paced, ambiguous environment with limited supervision. He or she must be a fast learner, who can quickly absorb the nuances of Amazon's varied payment offerings as well as the behavior of Amazon's internal systems. He or she will be analytical and data driven in decision making, with a demonstrated ability to drive issues to completion. The candidate must have superior verbal and written communication skills and be comfortable presenting issues to management
- MBA from a Tier I school with 11-13 years of experience, Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Finance or related technical field.
- 5+ years of program and/or product management experience in fintech / telecom/ consumer goods with understanding of trade marketing and execution and dealing with a geographically vast and diverse network.
- 2+ years of field experience in the area any of the industries worked in.
- A person with excellent written and verbal communication skills. Strong change management and influencing skills; ability to negotiate and across all levels.
- A person with the ability to create and sustain urgency, and a proven ability to lead large cross-functional projects including communication across all levels and teams in the organization: senior leaders, stakeholder teams, ground operations teams.
- A person who can make courageous recommendations and decisions to drive significant organizational change.
- A person who can showcase judgment and decision making skills to balance customer experience with financial impact.
- Knowledge of Arabic language
- Work experience operations/ program execution in the Payments / Wallets space will be an added advantage.