The Director of Business Development (Asia) will report to the VP of Business Development (EMEAI) and help build and maintain the disbursement network across APAC region. We are looking for an experienced, commercially minded individual to join our team to promote growth in our core and new corridors. You will be responsible for growth idea generation, opportunity sourcing, business case development, diligence process leadership, integration support and building a global footprint within the network. You will be a trusted thought partner to our business unit leaders, and contribute best practices to build Remitly’s world-class reputation.
- Develop and execute a comprehensive business development strategy to achieve the company's financial objectives and drive sustainable growth within the core business of Remitly.
- Be a strong partner to our external partners to maintain and build our network as well as grow our commercial opportunities.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with key stakeholders, including financial institutions, technology partners where necessary, and regulatory bodies.
- Identify and evaluate potential business opportunities, partnerships, and market trends to expand the company's product offerings and market reach.
- Lead negotiations and contract discussions with potential partners or clients to secure mutually beneficial agreements.
- Stay updated on industry regulations, compliance requirements, and best practices to ensure the company's products and services meet all necessary standards.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to define and refine product strategies, COGS models, and partnership launch plans.
- Conduct market research and competitive analysis to identify market gaps, emerging trends, and potential areas for innovation.
- Develop and deliver compelling presentations, proposals, and business cases to potential clients, investors, and internal stakeholders.
- Monitor and analyse key performance indicators (KPIs) to assess business performance, identify areas of improvement, and implement necessary strategies.
- Provide leadership, guidance, and mentorship and share knowledge to the rest of the colleagues in order to foster a collaborative and high-performance culture.
- 10+ years experience in a dynamic and/or fast-growing fintech / money transfer business
- Deep understanding of the Asian remittance market, and strong pan-regional relationship network
- Proven track record of successfully driving business development initiatives within the fintech industry.
- Strong network and established relationships within the fintech ecosystem, including financial institutions, technology providers, and regulatory bodies.
- Strategic mindset with the ability to think creatively and identify innovative business opportunities.
- In-depth knowledge of financial markets, fintech industry trends, and emerging technologies.
- Strong business acumen and understanding of financial metrics, profitability, and risk management.
- "Open leave" policy, subject to approval
- Great compensation package
- Health insurance
- Travel benefit
- Learn and development benefits
- 3000+ free online courses available
Remitly is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Equal employment opportunity has been, and will continue to be, a fundamental principle at Remitly. We are committed to non-discrimination across our global organization and in all of our business operations. Employment is determined based upon personal capabilities and qualifications without discrimination on the basis of race, creed, colour, religion, sex, gender identification and expression, marital status, military status or status as an honourably discharge/veteran, pregnancy (including a woman's potential to get pregnant, pregnancy-related conditions, and childbearing), sexual orientation, age (40 and over), national origin, ancestry, citizenship or immigration status, physical, mental, or sensory disability (including the use of a trained dog guide or service animal), HIV/AIDS or hepatitis C status, genetic information, status as an actual or perceived victim of domestic violence, sexual assault, or stalking, or any other protected class as established by law.
Remitly is an E-Verify Employer
Remitly is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Remitly is on a mission to transform the lives of immigrants and their families by providing the most trusted financial products and services on the planet. Since 2011, we have been tirelessly delivering on our promises to immigrants sending their hard earned money home. Today, we are reimagining international payments at scale and building new products to create deeper relationships with our customers and their loved ones across the globe. Join over 2,700 employees across 10 offices who are growing their careers while having a positive impact on people globally.
Remitly is registered as a Money Services Business in the U.S., Canada, EU, United Kingdom, Singapore and Australia. Each of these jurisdictions require, among other items, that Remitly maintain a comprehensive Risk and Compliance Program.