The Business development team has the mandate to drive Cardano Adoption. The team would spread across various verticals of the Web3 space, including but not limited to, working within the current Cardano token ecosystem, building PoCs, collaborating with other Layer 1s & 2s, working with enterprise & financial institutions. Individuals in this team are expected to work on strategy; commercial adoption; decision-making; project management and execution; ecosystem development and research; identification and mitigation of legal, regulatory or other risks; as well as administrative support.
The BD Manager (Financial Services) reports to the BD Director, working very closely with other stakeholders in Cardano ecosystem.
The Business Development Manager Financial Services will work within the Business Development team to support formulation of the company's medium and long-term management policies; optimize the allocation of management resources; and implement and promote management strategies through collaboration with various departments to promote the growth of the organization and strengthen its competitiveness.
- Analyze industry trends, technological innovations, and market developments to identify new business opportunities.
- Have a very good network in Finance Industry – Family Offices, Banks, Payment Gateways, Fintech firms, Hedge Funds, Asset Management, OTC Desks, Security Services, Other Financial Services etc.
- Collaborate and partner with such institutions to bring them to Cardano to increase Cardano’s TVL.
- Promote EMURGO’s tokenization platform (& other tech stacks), and Cardano’s Layer 1 superiority to Financial Services firms to increase Cardano’s commercial adoption in that sector.
- Have good communication and presentation skills.
- Be on frequent lookout to partner our portfolio companies with other potential protocols.
- Travel to events/conferences, whenever necessary.
- Have basic understanding of Web3 and Tokenization, and ability to connect dots between Web2 to Web3 use-cases.
- Increase understanding of the strengths of CARDANO technology and its community and identify competitive advantages for EMURGO.
- Experience in corporate planning or business strategy, as well as managing multiple projects simultaneously.
- Strong analytical skills and strategic thinking.
- Ability to communicate clearly, concisely and across different linguistic and cultural backgrounds to build relationships with diverse stakeholders.
- Ability to work across teams through collaboration and influence.
- Good Network and connections in the Financial Services Sector.
- Basic Knowledge & use cases of Web3.
EMURGO is the official commercial and venture arm of the Cardano Blockchain, a smart contract platform with advanced security assurance - Currently Top 3 of decentralized smart contract platforms and Top 10 of all cryptocurrencies on CoinMarketCap. As a founding member of the Cardano protocol, EMURGO develops, supports, and incubates commercial opportunities and helps integrate businesses into our blockchain system.