Mastercard is deepening its engagement in the vast SME segment space by solving for their broader financial needs – starting from payment needs across both receivables and payables, and expanding to credit needs, digitization, and core operational needs such as expense management, marketing and sales management.
The Regional SME Head will have responsibility for delivering the GDV & Revenue targets for the region including penetration into the base of SMEs in the region, while ensuring they manage within the expense budgets available.
They will own the regional strategy for SME segment, directly manage the end-to-end product development & deployment, and manage business development & acceptance within the markets in partnership with acceptance and market teams. They will also take responsibility for complete alignment with the Country/Divisions, ensuring market share, revenues and brand goals are fully synced up and internal stakeholders are well managed. Additionally, they will have responsibility for building and managing the external stakeholder network across FI and non-FI organizations of our issuer banks, acquirers, platform & processor partners, fintechs, Government and regulators.
They will provide internal and external thought leadership on SME Solutions and act as Mastercard’s regional spokesperson on matters relating to this business.
The role will report to the EVP –Regional Product & Engineering Head for EEMEA
- Define and execute regional strategy.
- Determining regional strategy development geographies, customer segments and verticals to focus on product finetuning / localization as well as working with global product teams to drive enhancements needed to build scale partnership & M&A opportunities to build business momentum.
- Provide regional inputs to support and shape the global strategy, new product ideation pipeline, and investments of SME Solutions, ensuring regional market realities and customer feedback are factored into global strategy and product design.
- Directly manage the Regional Product team and also manage the SME teams in Customer solution center.
- Deliver Revenue, GDV, GAV, Deal-value and flow targets for the Region. The plan is to grow GDV & Net Revenue by factors ranging from 5X across the region in 5 yrs
- Planning and Target Setting
- Set strategic and operational targets in the annual Strategic Planning Process
- Accountable for SME product team to conduct bottom-up planning and reconciliation with top-down targets and objectives on an ongoing basis; and to align these with business development and acceptance teams.
- Communicate strategic and operational targets and objectives to the teams.
- Keep tight control on budgeting and forecasting of expenses.
- Own prospect and account allocation across the team including overall pipeline management.
- Directly support deal negotiation and closure with customers and internal stakeholders as needed.
- Manage relationships with Country and Divisional Offices and support the BD/Acceptance team in navigating stakeholders.
- Oversee Business Development and Account events (conferences, web meetings etc.)
- Effectively manage the day-to-day efforts of the regional product team via the Regional SME Product Head, who will report to this role.
- Ensure that product localization efforts are well managed and are in line with local as well as global strategies.
- Be the voice of the regional product team in prioritization of feature/function/capability development.
- Performance & Reporting
- Determine sales targets (GDV/Revenue/Yield) and KPIs for the regional team.
- Ensure all strategic and operational targets are delivered.
- Manage all KPIs and strategic reporting to senior management.
- Ensure regional Product teams are properly staffed with individuals that bring the requisite level of experience, knowledge, and capabilities for their functions.
- Day to day performance management of all staff, ensuring they deliver the KPIs expected of them.
- Ongoing talent development and upskilling of all staff, actively supporting them on their career development journey.
- Maintain strong relationship with internal and external stakeholders at all levels.
- Participate in commercial activities, conferences and external events across the region as needed.
- Executive management credibility
- Ability and willingness to roll up your sleeves and lead from the front in driving the sales efforts and building business momentum.
- Demonstrable teamwork skills and experience of working in a matrixed environment.
- Must be articulate and creative, adept at delivering face-to-face presentations to a senior audience and/or a broader organization.
- Planning & negotiation skills – being able to balance input from multiple sources as well as utilization of scarce resources.
- Excellent relationship building and strong communication skills.
- Data analysis, data tracking & management skills.
- In-depth knowledge of Mastercard products and services
- Project management & planning.
- CRM & IT systems understanding.
- Financial forecasting and reporting, budgeting.
- Strong strategic account management and strong sales experience/skills.
- Extensive knowledge and demonstrable application of financial industry/banking operations and business practices with a strong focus on SME payment processes and products (commercial cards, expense and cashflow management and platforms, multi-rail B2B payments across cards/EFT/cross-border, supplier management)
Corporate Security Responsibility
All Activities Involving Access To Mastercard Assets, Information, And Networks Comes With An Inherent Risk To The Organization And, Therefore, It Is Expected That Every Person Working For, Or On Behalf Of, Mastercard Is Responsible For Information Security And Must:
- Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
- Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
- Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
- Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.
Mastercard is a global technology company in the payments industry. Our mission is to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. With connections across more than 210 countries and territories, we are building a sustainable world that unlocks priceless possibilities for all.
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.